Yesterday, I finished Blaze, a new fiery pattern that includes leg, hoof, and unicorn tail textures! It came about after I discovered how to make realistic fire while working on another coat — and can’t say no to that 🙂
Then today, I finished Kaleidoscope, which is my first coat with a colored/iridescent specular layer (instead of a monochrome one). I was inspired after noticing the same effect on a mesh unicorn figurine — it had a regular base design, and then a completely different design that only appeared where the light hit it. I wondered if I could do a similar thing with Water Horse, so started messing around with layer effects. It took me a while to get the right intensity, plus design the base coat in a way that still looked good on its own (for those using lower graphics settings). I definitely like the end result!